Koongie Park Project WA
Anglo Australian - 100% interest
VMS style zinc-copper deposits in volcano sedimentary stratigraphy with resources mapped at Sandiego and Onedin
The style of gold mineralisation in the area is exhibited in the Nicholson’s Find gold deposits, held by Pacific Niugini Limited, where mineralization is structurally controlled within a 400 metre wide NNE trending strike-slip shear zone adjacent to the northwest margin of the Lodestone Monzogranite. Host rocks comprise folded and metamorphosed turbiditic greywackes, felsic vocaniclastics, mafic volcanic and laminated siltstone and mudstone of the Koongie Park Formation. Mineralisation is strongly associated with discontinuous quartz veining and iron-silica-potassium alteration.
So far, a number of regional structural corridors have been delineated for follow-up work. Of immediate interest is the NE striking Highway shear zone which extends for about 15 kilometres along the contact of the Koongie Park Formation and the southwest edge of the Lodestone Monzogranite within Anglo Australian’s tenements. This area has received minimal historical gold exploration and can easily be evaluated with surface sampling or shallow drilling.
Onedin Section 20040mN
Onedin Deposit – Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resources
Zinc Zone: 1,980,000 tonnes @ 6.25% Zn, 0.47% Cu, 32g/t Ag and 0.3g/t Au
Copper Zone: 2,500,000 tonnes @ 1.1% Cu, 0.8% Zn, 21g/t Ag and 0.3g/t Au
Total Metal: 36,000 tonnes copper & 140,000 tonnes zinc metal
(ASX Release 13.06.13)
Sandiego Deposit – Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resources
Supergene Copper: 370,000 tonnes @ 4.0 % Cu, 2.7% Zn, 48g/t Ag and 0.29g/t Au
Copper Zone:1,140,000 tonnes @ 2.8% Cu, 1.5% Zn, 12g/t Ag and 0.43g/t Au
Zinc Zone:1,220,000 tonnes @ 0.2 % Cu, 7.0% Zn, 26g/t Ag and 0.13g/t Au
Total Metal:50,000 tonnes copper, 115,000 tonnes zinc, 2 million ounces of silver & 26,000 ounces of gold.
(ASX Release 13.06.13)
New prospective target areas
- Sandiego and Onedin mineralized zones represent fold hinges
- Homogeneity of metal in rock strongly suggests that the metal has been remobilized (which explains the Sandiego and Onedin accumulations)
- Within the Project area, airborne magnetics has identified a number of other potential hinge structures that are yet to be drill-tested
Koongie Park Gold
- Significant acreage position held adjacent to Nicolsons gold mine (Pantoro Limited): 1.8 Mt @ 5.2 g/t for a total of 294,000 ounces
- Mineralization structurally controlled within wide NNE trending shear zone adjacent to monzogranite
- Host rocks comprise folded and metamorphosed sediments, volcanics and volcano-sediments of the Koongie Park Formation
- Mineralisation strongly associated with quartz veining and Fe-Si-K alteration
Anglo Australian Resources tenements cover over 40kms of the base metal prospective Koongie Park FormationOver 245 RC and diamond drill holes consisting of 50,0417m have been drilled on the project. AAR's exploration focused on resource, metallurgical and geotech drilling at Onedin and Sandiego with minor exploration drilling at the Atlantis prospect.Exploration targets correspond to a specific mappable horizon within the Koongie Park Formation. Deep weathering and associated depletion, structural complexity and some areas of cover present a difficult exploration environment. However, the relationship between magnetite alteration and the associated magnetic anomalism of the mineral deposits combined with previously collected geochemistry, EM and magnetic data provides a powerful set of targeting tools.